Holiday season is upon us and like many things in 2020, it will likely look a little different this year. As we focus our attention closer to home, and find ways to celebrate with those closest to us, experiences have new importance.
For businesses, it’s equally important to share gratitude with their clients and team members. With that in mind, we’ve put together a holiday gift list that’s local, inspired and above all, filled with memory-making experiences!
- The Gift of Adventure – With its dramatic landscape of ocean, mountains and forest, southwest British Columbia is home to some of North America’s most exhilarating outdoor attractions. From wildlife tours to snowmobiling through the Whistler backcountry, there’s something for everyone – all that’s needed is a thirst for adventure!
- The Gift of an In-town Getaway – Whether it’s a weekend to explore Vancouver’s finest attractions or time away to simply relax, a getaway is a gift that never goes out of style! Just in time for the holidays, the iconic Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre is offering a special rate for corporate clients, priced right at just $119. Recipients will enjoy a stay in a traditional room, including complimentary parking and wifi. Located in the heart of the city centre, the Wall Centre is the ideal base to explore popular destinations like Stanley Park, Canada Place, Yaletown and Robson Street, or relax in comfort as you soak in the breathtaking city skyline through floor-to-ceiling windows. Dine in at the West Coast-inspired Café One or head out to sample the city’s renowned culinary scene, then finish the night at Bar One, specializing in craft beers, fine wines and single-malt scotches. For those purchasing multiple packages, further savings of up to 20 per cent are available – email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- The Gift of Fine Food – For the foodies on your list, you can’t go wrong with good food! A night out at one of the Greater Vancouver’s celebrated restaurants is always welcome, and with the Dine Out Vancouver Festival returning Jan. 15 to Feb. 12, there’s no better time to savour something new!
- The Gift of Good Cheer – Wine and craft beer fans find a lot to love in the Lower Mainland, and there’s no better way to indulge that passion than with a knowledgeable guide and built-in designated driver! Join the team at Vancouver Brewery Tours for behind-the-scenes access to celebrated local breweries, including the option of walking tours of Gastown pubs and the Brewery Creek neighbourhood. Or, mix it up with Vine & Hops Wine and Craft Beer Tours, where choices include a four-winery tour, a craft brewery tour and for those with eclectic tastes, a Mashup Tour including a beer flight, sips at Vancouver’s only urban winery, and a nightcap at a local distillery.
- The Gift of Rejuvenation – After a year like no other, a passport to relaxation may be the gift they remember long after the calendar has brushed away the last of 2020. From the spectacular outdoor Scandinave Spa Whistler to the soothing springs at Harrison, this is where relaxation brings rejuvenation.
- The Gift of Fishing … or Fairways – Enjoying outdoor pursuits year-round is a cornerstone of the BC experience for both locals and visitors alike. For golfers, sought-after possibilities range from courses high in the mountains to lush green fairways winding through the fertile Fraser Valley. Really, there’s no end to the possibilities for the golfers on your holiday list! For angling enthusiasts, tall tales are just an adventure away, whether they’re dropping their line for salmon or dreaming of sturgeon on the mighty Fraser.
- The Gift of Exploration – From the wonders of the skies to the storied history of life underground to the science that ties it all together, those who like to ask “Why?” will love the attractions awaiting discovery in and around Greater Vancouver. Better yet, gift certificates to museums, galleries, and, yes, Science World, are always the right size!
- The Gift of Indulgence – The best gift is often one they wouldn’t give themselves – a true indulgence. Did anyone say supercars on the Sea-to-Sky?! For those who prefer a bird’s-eye view, a flightseeing trip offers a view of the city like no other.
No matter your budget or holiday list, consider the gift of an experience they’ll remember long after 2020.