Calling all shutterbugs and photography hobbyists: Black Press Media and the West Coast Traveller welcome back the Amateur Photographer of the Year contest, with more than $4,000 in prizes to be won!
From your fave photos from close-to-home explorations, to the people, places and wildlife faces from your cross-Canada adventures, we want to see them!
The award-winning contest, which attracts tens of thousands of entries each year, features six categories:
- Scenic Canada: Scenic or landscape photos taken anywhere in Canada.
- People/Portraits: Portrait photography of a person or group of people. (Please note that the entrant must have permission to use photos of the people in the photograph).
- West Coast Travel: Photos taken along the West Coast of North America, including British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Washington, Alaska, Oregon and California.
- Wildlife & Nature: Photos taken of wildlife, plants, etc.
- Local Gems: Photos of your favourite local spots or anything that symbolizes why you love where you live.
- #InstaFavs: Instagram favourites (including mobile phone photography)
Winner of the grand prize, selected from across all categories by a judging panel, will receive $1,000 to spend at London Drugs!
Second place will win two tickets to Victoria, BC from Helijet, plus a two-night stay at the Fairmont Empress in Victoria, while third place will win $500 for London Drugs.
Entering is easy: Simply view the categories and current entries here, select the most appropriate categories for your photos and upload them for your chance to win.
A minimum of five photo submissions is required to qualify for prizing, and note that all photo entries MUST be original and captured by the submitting photographer, who must have the rights to the photographs. (Scroll to the bottom of the entry page to see the link to the complete rules)
Plan your adventures throughout the West Coast at westcoasttraveller.com and follow us on Facebook and Instagram @thewestcoasttraveller. And for the top West Coast Travel stories of the week delivered right to your inbox, sign up for our weekly Armchair Traveller newsletter!