In Parksville Qualicum, experience the cool sea air, lose yourself in the local culture and unique experiences. Sample fresh, local cheeses and wines, or discover vintage excellence in a cute boutique.
Embrace the sights and sounds of creeks, streams, marshes and rivers, or listen to nature as you hike a scenic path to the falls.
Visit the famous Parksville Beach, walk along the beach-front boardwalk and watch the sunrise, soak in a mineral pool, or spend an afternoon paddleboarding the shores at your own pace.
Take in a history tour, visit a local farm market, get fresh seafood at French Creek, look for glass floats on the coastal shores, or discover a crystallized magical underground world with Horne Lake Caves Provincial Park.
No matter your interest, Parksville Qualicum offers an authentic Island experience.
To learn more, explore visitparksvillequalicumbeach.com
Parksville Qualicum Facts
- Population: 11,977
- Long tides result in some incredible sand and tens of thousands of visitors to Parksville’s Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition.
- Parksville is referred to as the “Canadian Riviera” because of the mild climate, sandy beaches, and beach resorts.
- Thousands of Brant Geese visit the beaches between Qualicum and Parksville during their annual migration.
- Qualicum Beach is the site of one of BC’s oldest golf courses – the Qualicum Beach Memorial Golf Club, established in 1913.
- The region is home to Canada’s No. 1 Spa: The Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort.
Parksville has a mild and temperate climate with comfortable, sunny summers, and cooler winters.
Ferry: Take the ferry to Nanaimo and then take Highway 19 North to Parksville.
Plane: Options include the Nanaimo Airport, about 30-minute drive south, or Qualicum Airport.
Vehicle: From Victoria, head north on Highway 1.