Snagging great photos has always been a big part of travel, but when phones gave us the ability to snap a thousand pictures and share our journey across social media, the world of travel photography truly changed.
So Club Med studied reviews, prices, sights and Instagram and Pinterest rankings to give the world’s best train journeys a score out of 100. Who ranked No. 1?
The Rocky Mountaineer, a jaw-dropping train journey across the Canadian Rocky Mountains from Banff to Vancouver. The all glass-dome fleet travels only during the day, so you won’t miss a moment of the jagged peaks, lush forests and mountain rivers.
Along the way, you’ll enjoy delicious meals featuring local ingredients, and staff will share stories as memorable as the scenery outside.
Here are some great Instagram posts that’ll help you understand why the Rocky Mountaineer earned the top spot!
Now that your eyes are wide as saucers, it’s time to get packing! Bring a day bag small enough to fit under your seat, as you won’t be able to access your checked luggage during the journey.
Sunglasses and a few light layers are key, because the train’s big windows will be bright on sunny days. There are electrical outlets on board, but it’s still a good idea to pack extra camera or phone batteries so you never miss a moment.
Hoping to ride the rails around the world? Here’s the full list of Instagrammable train journeys:
- The Rocky Mountaineer: Banff to Vancouver
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express: London to Venice
- The Canadian: Toronto to Vancouver
- The Ghan: Adelaide to Darwin
- Flåm Railway, Europe, Flam to Myrdal
- Glacier Express, Europe
- Bernina Express, Europe
- The Presidential Train, Portugal
- Indian Pacific, Australia & New Zealand
- Rovos Rail: Southern and eastern Africa
- Golden Pass Panoramic Express, Europe
- Golden Eagle: Moscow to Vladivostok
- Seven Stars: Kyushu, Japan
- Maharajas’ Express: Delhi to Mumbai
- Deccan Odyssey, Asia
- Belmond Andean Explorer, Peru
- Blue Train: Pretoria to Cape Town, South Africa
- The Belmond British Pullman, Europe
- The Transcantabrico Gran Lujo: San Sebastian to Santiago de Compostela
- Golden Eagle Danube Express, Europe