If you’ve been missing the chance to explore one of the world’s most celebrated cities – conveniently located in your own backyard – the time to do so may be closer than you think.
So in anticipation of the opportunity to travel close to home once again, we’ve put together our guide to the perfect Vancouver weekend, no matter what the season!
- 4 p.m. – Hopefully you can slip away a little early, giving you time to check in to your hotel before enjoying a stroll. Where should you call “home” for your weekend adventures? The Sheraton Wall Centre makes that decision easy, thanks to its impeccable service, unique offerings and its Resident Rate offer.
- 7 p.m. – But where to enjoy dinner? As a culinary centre, with options for virtually every taste and budget, you’ll be spoiled for choice. You might do a little pre-planning – where was that award-winning chef you read about? – or wait to see where your tastebuds take you as you explore.
- 9 p.m. – Time to put your feet up and dream of the adventures ahead, ideally in an oh-so-comfy room with stellar views over the city lights!
- 9 a.m. – After picking up coffee and a pastry, drive or cycle to Stanley Park for a tour of this one-of-a-kind urban playground known for its beautiful beaches, kilometres of trails and picture-perfect spots. Of course, at 400 hectares, you won’t cover it all in one visit, but you can select a few “musts” for this trip. Don’t forget your camera!
- Noon – If you’re cycling, follow the 8.8-kilometre Vancouver Seawall into the West End for lunch. Park your bike and stroll the pedestrian-friendly neighbourhood boasting everything from burger bars to elevated international cuisine. Great choices for restaurants include Robson Street and Davie Street, near the famed English Bay.
- 2 p.m. – Heading back toward downtown, shoppers will enjoy browsing the shops along Robson Street on their way to Pacific Centre. Other popular shopping destinations include Yaletown, Chinatown and Commercial Drive … all bringing the added benefit of some pretty amazing dinner options! (We’ll leave Granville for tomorrow’s adventures.) If shopping’s not your jam, how about a self-guided brewery tour, or taking in a few unique downtown attractions, like the Vancouver Art Gallery or Science World?
- 8 p.m. – After dinner at one of those aforementioned dining destinations, enjoy a nightcap or, once protocols allow, head to a show at the Commodore Ballroom, celebrating 90 years of amazing entertainment!
- 9 a.m. – Coffee in hand, it’s time to head to Granville – the street and the island. Arriving in South Granville, stop by a local bakery for a sweet start to the day, then get ready to explore. Part of one of Vancouver’s swankiest neighbourhoods, you’ll find a variety of home and fashion boutiques in addition to numerous galleries.
- Noon – Just a short drive away, discover the shops, galleries, foodie delights and overall funky urban vibe of Granville Island. While the Public Market is a draw in itself – a great place to pick up lunch or all manner of goodies to take home – the island also boasts two breweries, a distillery and artisan sake maker, plus numerous skilled artisans, outdoor outfitters and boutique gift shops, each offering a unique opportunity to capture your weekend in a memorable treasure for home.
Now that was a weekend to remember!
To learn more, or plan your future stay with the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, visit online or call